The New Seney
photo for larger view~
Due to the reduction of Iditarod rookies that need qualifiers we are
changing our focus to allow recreational mushers the opportunity to
experience the adventure of long distance mushing and camping.
The training run will focus on three objectives:
- Iditarod/Quest qualifiers (300-400 miles) with distance of 40-60
- Recreational distance mushers (150-200 miles) with distance of 20-30
- Other distance mushers who desire to get a 300-400 mile training
- Will be limited to 12 dogs with no substitution.
- Mushers can have no help at checkpoints and adhere to Iditarod/Quest
- Will be limited to 12 dogs, but can switch dogs at checkpoints.
- Musher can
have help at the checkpoints.
- Will run the same legs as the qualifiers or
can run shorter legs if they so desire.
- Can run any number of dogs up to 12.
- Can switch dogs at the checkpoints.
- Help is allowed at the checkpoints. Run distances will be 20-30 miles.
checkpoint will be remote but dog trucks
can access. All other checkpoints will provide food and lodging.
Qualifiers (300-400 miles): $500
Non Qualifiers: $400
Recreational (150-200 miles): $200
For more information visit the Seney 300 web site at
contact Al Hardman at
or by phone at 231-590-5100 cell, 231-843-2009 home
Copyright © 1997-2016 Sled Dog Central, all rights reserved.
Email Sled Dog Central