Northern Heritage Run
February 22, 2003
Return to Midwest Results List
Results provided by Helen Newman, Northern Heritage Run
We are proud to announce we were able to donate $1,000 to the HART Animal Shelter, and $300 to the Northland Arboretum.
A big THANK YOU to all the competitors that made this possible!!! And to the community for all of their support!!!
Also, a huge THANK YOU to Pam Landers, for all her time and energy in the organizing the event with the community.
Weight Pull | Cani-Cross
Northern Heritage Weight Pull
Weather: sunny and 15 degrees F. Weight pad became sticky towards the end of the pull.
Weight Pull Photos
The top weight pulled was 1,091 pounds!!!
Total entrants - 30 dogs
0 - 60 lbs Wt. Pulled
1. Goose Sibe Mark Pruka 371 lbs
2. Bucca Sam Barb Gage 251 lbs
61 - 80 lbs
1. Buddy Mal John Dean 491 lbs
2. Boomer Sam Pam Landers 491 lbs
3. Coal Bear Mal Kelly Pruka 491 lbs
81 - 100 lbs
1. Skye Mal John Dean 611 lbs (also Top percentage pulled by a veteran)
101 - 120 lbs
1. Guinness Rottweiler Steve Benediuct 611 lbs
2. Freckles Saint Bernard Kelly Pruka 491 lbs
3. Autumn Saint Bernard Kelly Pruka 371 lbs
1. Dozer Saint Bernard Tim Hiltz 1091 lbs
2. Timber Mal Rhonda Schrader 1091 lbs (Top percentage pulled)
3. Mugs Saint Bernard Tim Hiltz 851 lbs.
0 - 60 lbs
1. Sky Sam Barb Gage 371
2. Skylark Sam Pam Landers 251
3. McKensie Sam Helen Newman 251
4. Gavin Sam Helen Newman 251
61 - 80 lbs
1. Naoisha Sam Helen Newman 491
Northern Heritage Cani-Cross
The first Cani-Cross in the Midwest!!
There was 6 entrants in the Cani-Cross. All the competitors said they had a wonderful time running with their canine friend and want to know when the next event will happen!! The conditions on the trail was icy in places and we did have a few spills taken but no one was injured and all came across the finish line with smiles on their faces.
The top 3 placement were:
1. Steve Benedict and Guinness
2. Bob Newman and Gavin
3. Rhonda Schrader and Aspen