PETA charged with cruelty to animals
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jane F

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  11:38:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Employees of PETA have been charged with felony charges for cruelty to animals for killing 31 dogs in North Carolina and dumping their bodies in a local trash dumpster. Police had setup a "Sting" operation to observe suspicious activity by PETA, and believe there were more killings.

These 31 dogs were picked up from an animal hospital that thought PETA was placing the animals in homes. But within hours of PETA picking up the dogs and puppies, they were recovered by police from a city dumpster.

Police say over 70 animals have been found euthanized and dumped in the past week, and they think they may all be linked to PETA.

I think you will all be amazed by PETA's response to the charges. Basically they are sorry the animals ended up in a supermarket dumpster, but don't see anything wrong with killing healthy animals.

Here is a url: http://petakillsanimals.com/

scroll down to "Recent News" for this story.

Jane Fuerstenau

Edited by - jane f on 06/18/2005 11:46:54 AM

Murray McGunigal

Canada
211 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  1:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Murray McGunigal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The charges could not have happened to a nicer group of freaks! Now put that in your pipe and smoke it Ms Glickman!

Sand Hill Sled Dogs
Go to Top of Page

THZSteele

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2005 :  01:15:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit THZSteele's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope they (PETA) get what they deserve

Go to Top of Page

david poitras

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2005 :  3:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is PETA the equivalency of the SPCA that we have in some communities in the north? I have not seen a PETA organization in the north yet.One SPCA group just folded up in Hay River because of a lack of support.

david poitras
Go to Top of Page

Cliff Maxfield

USA
2631 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  11:18:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't believe PETA is like the Humane Society. They are an animal activist group. IMO PETA is way out in left field and will say and do anything to push their cause which I believe is mainly monetary gain under the guise of ethical treatment of animals. PETA = KOOK's
Humane Societies, no matter what our opinions, do take in a lot of strays and set guidelines for shelters. Unfortunately some of the guidelines they set are unreasonable but all Humane Societies are not the same. In the last community I lived in they were my strongest ally and allowed me to have five dogs in an inner city setting with a three dog limit. Go figure. The director happened to believe mushers had admirable intentions and she thought giving dogs a job was a worthwhile objective - so I've always tried to have an open mind with them. Anyway getting back to topic maybe this incident will wake up some of the Peta supporters and they will loose some funding.

http://www.paw-tuck-a-way.com/
Go to Top of Page

snowfoot

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  3:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loose their funding as well as their tax exempt status!

Visit my kennel: http://www.mypetpages.net/index.php?getpage=homePage&artist_id=1653
Go to Top of Page

david poitras

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  8:30:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Something like the anti trapping people that get carried away, and although their intentions are good, they have a tendency to act out violently (toward humans)at times.

david poitras
Go to Top of Page

THZSteele

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  09:35:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit THZSteele's Homepage  Reply with Quote
IMHO PETA is equivilent to the Taliban or Al-Quida

Go to Top of Page

RedWolf

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2017 :  02:59:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lest anyone--anyone--think that PETA cares about dogs (or cats, or hamsters, or etc), the stats tell a different tale. Last year, 72% of the animals they took at their "shelter" were put down. Only about 3% were adopted. And last year was better than many of the previous years, looking at the chart on the site linked in the original post.

They can slander the mushing lifestyle all they want over a handful of accidental dog deaths, but they need to look in the mirror. Not that they will. Part of me doesn't want to resurrect this thread, but...
Go to Top of Page

Camera-dog

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2017 :  7:01:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Camera-dog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ive herd stories from several people saying that members of peta came and dog napped the persons pet

new to mushing and more than willing to work.
I can drive trucks atv's and snowmobiles.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SDC Talk! © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page