SDC Talk!
SDC Talk!
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 General Discussion
 New Documentary

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Paul Reid Posted - 07/19/2015 : 1:01:47 PM
You should all be aware a new documentary entitled 'The Truth About Sled Dogs" is in the works. It will involve kennels from U.S. & Canada. http://www.aspentimes.com/news/15214668-113/krabloonik-in-snowmass-chosen-for-dog-sledding-documentary
Do your homework!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kissAnew Posted - 01/08/2017 : 10:31:51 PM
K. Thank you.
midnightwind Posted - 01/07/2017 : 11:41:58 AM
I asked a while ago and was told it has been taken down until it is finished and fully up and running. Hope to see it soon.
kissAnew Posted - 01/07/2017 : 10:14:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by midnightwind

some more: https://www.sleddoginfo.com/sleddog-home/#overview

work in progress but a good start

I ran into a dead end on this link
I, in my endless inquisitiveness, would like to check it out
Please post more info how to access the link
kissAnew Posted - 01/07/2017 : 08:49:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by midnightwind

I ran into a dead end on this link
I, in my endless inquisitiveness, would like to check it out
Please post more info how to access the link
kissAnew Posted - 01/07/2017 : 08:42:39 AM
quote:
Originally posted by RedWolf

I don't have the link (viewed the article on ISDRA's news page) but one of the heads of the film festival claims that it's "well-researched".

So: using footage of a hoarder's animals (not relevant to the alleged topic), displaying a reckless disregard for the truth, and lying to people about the motives for filming means "well-researched" in today's lingo? What-EVER, as a valley girl would say.

LOL
Exactly
midnightwind Posted - 12/09/2016 : 07:12:53 AM

ChuckCubbison Posted - 12/09/2016 : 06:49:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by RedWolf

FB doesn't load on my computer...is this a good somethin' or a bad somethin'? (I hate the word "Coalition", so that's why I'm wondering.)

The group has been started by mushers.
RedWolf Posted - 12/09/2016 : 02:49:12 AM
FB doesn't load on my computer...is this a good somethin' or a bad somethin'? (I hate the word "Coalition", so that's why I'm wondering.)
midnightwind Posted - 12/08/2016 : 8:46:11 PM
something goin' around:

https://www.facebook.com/TheCanadianCoalitionForSledDogs/
RedWolf Posted - 11/29/2016 : 03:14:39 AM
I don't have the link (viewed the article on ISDRA's news page) but one of the heads of the film festival claims that it's "well-researched".

So: using footage of a hoarder's animals (not relevant to the alleged topic), displaying a reckless disregard for the truth, and lying to people about the motives for filming means "well-researched" in today's lingo? What-EVER, as a valley girl would say.
kissAnew Posted - 11/28/2016 : 10:03:57 AM

On a more singular/segregated/personal note, I ain't too worried. The landmass most know as The New World(North and South America)is my ancestral homeland. I can legally mush anywhere anytime I want. I haven't pushed it yet but if necessary I will utilize and legally enforce the laws I know that afford me that freedom.
However I love the concept of genetic diversity getting along in harmony and peace.
I'm wondering if we can find a way to unite and pool $$ for a/team of lawyer/s to do something about all of this for al mushers.
kissAnew Posted - 11/28/2016 : 09:56:55 AM
We humans are the only part of Creation that has apparently forgotten and//or left "The Circle of Life". I think we have seen only what suits our ego when we read"....and have dominion...." parts of the bible. Our egos have created a doctrine that is not natural thusly we are unable to comprehend nature.
My dogs are on 20 foot chains that are attached to pegs driven into the ground(chains at ground level). Their houses are moved according to the seasons. Facing south,southeast for winter and north for summer. Each house has its own earth floored "porch" and "sun/shade room".
Every 6 months I move the pegs( end of June and Jan) to a different yard.
Every dog can reach at least 2 friends except the males can't reach to breed the females. I have 6ft high "Buffaloe fence" around the entire area. They all get to run around for a cpl hrs. Of course there is the odd squabble. At least there ain't no wars.
Construction of *fence and ^houses is not circular because of *strength/durability and ^$$/limited engineering abilities
Even during free time a lot of my dogs are still just "lounging around.". When they are on their chains they are safely in their "circle" with their house facing a comfortable and efficient direction. I can't say that(circle) for the vast majority of humans living in unnatural environment of squares and rectangles and other straight lines in/on pavement and cement and glass.

I haven't seen the entire "mockumentary" so I can't really call it that, but,...... If these people are gonna paint all musher and/or dog owners with the same brush essentially saying that we should all keep our dogs in kennels( not circular), crates( not circular), houses/apartments(not circular), ....then it seems these very(using the "same brush" here)people are perpetuating me hating Jews hating Christians hating Black People hating White People hating Gooks hating Chinks hating Japs hating Rednecks hating Hillbillys....the "same brush" cycle continues.
.I can totally relate to,the headline ..."Musher threatens legal action over Sled Dogs documentary." I can also relate to euthanizing my own. I will not allow my dogs to be forced into a crate or have them dissected or subjected to eating "dead and diseased pets..."(which by the way 30% end up up in the commercial pet food industry along with diseased cows, horses, pigs, fish and cereal grains that deemed unfit for human consumption). I say again my dogs have saved my life in so many ways most humans will never be able to comprehend. I am passionate about their life and their circle.
I say again, regarding "these people" ( and correcting myself with bold "off")" If they come against me I'll kindly show them off my ancestral lands with a smile and "Good on your way by!".
I am passionate about my love of life and nature. I have little room in my life for hate.....so I guess I don't have much room in my life for haters either.
In writing this it my hope that these haters see my post and hopefully learn to open their eyes, mind, heart and spirit to life...... That or accept my gracious invitation to extepritate their hate/darkness/selves from the light of my ancestral lands to their chosen place of darkness away from me and mine, including this beautiful part of Creation I and hundreds of generations of parts of my bloodlines have called home.

If we don't wake up and stand true together soon we will segregate mushers into racial, belief system, sex, income bracket, rural dwelling, urban dwelling, LGD/county, state/province, country, licenced mushers, 6ft3&1/4inches tall, 189.3759 lb, blue eyed, curly brunette, married, classes only.
RedWolf Posted - 11/28/2016 : 03:17:46 AM
I love that there's a link to the Cornell study which proves that (despite all the Shakespearean sound-and-fury coming from "animal rights" lunatics) tethering is NOT inhumane or cruel.

Indeed, a direct quote from the pdf: "Because dogs circled in some situations that were not considered stressful but rather were considered playing or greeting, circling on a tether may not always be stereotypic. In the pen, there was more pacing and barking than on the tether. The fact that neither pens nor tethers are unacceptable environments for dogs is indicated by the lack of abnormal behaviors despite years of tethering."

And since free-running is such a common practice among mushers (and increasing in common-ness all the time), dogs probably consider tether time as down-time. Heck, even in the study most of the time the dogs were just lounging around.
midnightwind Posted - 11/27/2016 : 7:17:38 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/sled-dogs-mushers-reaction-bc-culling-euthanizing-1.3867429
kissAnew Posted - 11/20/2016 : 3:46:32 PM
Gee, this topic has been on my mind all darn day.
Close to home since I've essentially depended on dogs for so many aspects of my life for so many years.
I am trying to let it go. It's just that I run into so many people who are so.......uhmmm....nevermind. Don't wanna go there.
My Nana often said,"We see only what we want and hear only what we want." &"We can give away only that which we have."
I am trying to see a positive angle but it appears some people just tenaciously hang onto their misery.
I think those people need therapy to deal with the trauma they suffered as a child and stop with the subtle lateral violence.
I'm gonna keep on mushin is all. If they come against me I'll kindly show off my ancestral home with a smile a wave "Good on your way by."

SDC Talk! © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page