New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2008 :  06:21:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/dog/medicaldogs.html
This is a 2 part series on PBS on dogs and training of dogs re: medical... not sled dogs specifically, but re: relationships with dogs/ medical, etc. Check PBS for local times.

onehappyautumn

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2008 :  10:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit onehappyautumn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen this program yet, but it is amazing what dogs can do with their noses. I've done only a tiny bit with scent work and the hardest part for me is that the dog is never wrong. If they choose the wrong target it's because you've done something wrong - accidentally retraced your scenting, accidently touched the wrong target.

Kudos to scent work people. They are playing a game where the dogs had like 100 up on them.

"In a dog eat dog world, it is the dogmatic domain of dog lovers to offer dogdom a dogs chance to rise above the dog days for a doggone good time." ~ AKC Gazette
Go to Top of Page

Lachlan

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  5:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We watched it this past weekend. It was really a well put together program. Very interesting, and entertaining at the same time. Highly recommended.

Lachlan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SDC Talk! © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page