New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Woofy

USA
658 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  09:47:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Woofy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess I'll just have to get up there to see the great hats.

"Sailor Girl Sled Dog Kennel"
www.freewebs.com/sailorgirlkennel
Go to Top of Page

Shawn

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  10:17:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No they dont have a website or a catalog. Seeing the items first hand is really nice. But everything they had was quality. If you want the contact info email me. I hate to use this site as an ad.

LINENDOLLSHAPPYHUSKYKENNEL.COM
Go to Top of Page

d-man

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2007 :  04:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be great to see pictures and reviews of the show on a blog or something. On a rock climbing site I fequent they do an active review of the major climbing trade shows promoting all the great new equipment. They go booth to booth doing interviews, photos etc.

Hope your all having fun,

Don Galloway

Edited by - d-man on 10/28/2007 04:00:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cliff Maxfield

USA
2631 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2007 :  07:23:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
d-man is soo right. I recently aquired some video of the 1989 Fairbanks symposium for an old friend and they are still mostly up to date and invaluable in many ways.
A lot of us can't just board a plane and fly to Fairbanks but if there was some way to attend it live via home computer I'd defnitely sign up.
Go to Top of Page

Shawn

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2007 :  07:47:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They do Video tape the seminars which are available for sale. Now the blog part. I wouldnt mind being flown up each year to keep you all informed. HA.... Really though the Blog is a good idea. I assume Mushing will do a story on the show as I saw Gregg taking many pictures and talking to a lot of people.

LINENDOLLSHAPPYHUSKYKENNEL.COM
Go to Top of Page

Rogue

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2007 :  1:16:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can order the audio, and if I'm not mistaken, some video of symposiums every year. Go to sleddog.org and search on there. They record all of the seminars.

Good idea on the blog. I was there all weekend and could've done that...though I must admit that I didn't have much time to blog at all. BTW, I posted a pic of my Fox hat on my own blog, if anyone wants to see it.

Happy Trails!
Tammi

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs."
Go to Top of Page

swingdog

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2007 :  6:53:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A clarification: Sled Dog Studio does the recording of the symposium. Audio only, and only from sessions that were held in the theater. You can look at the symposium program schedule to see which sessions were in the theater. Go to http://www.sleddogstudio.com/symposium/ or e-mail audio@sleddogstudio.com for information about ordering recordings (including previous years'). I don't see details for this year's recordings, but I'm sure they're working on getting the info up as soon as they can.
Hope that helps!
Andrea
(2007 ADMA symposium committee member)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SDC Talk! © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page