Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22

snowfoot

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2005 :  1:23:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WARNING_THREAD DRIFT----
Oooh, cheese , my favorite subject- how about Edam, Stilton, Brie, Asiago, Queso, Mascarpone, Fontina, Ricotta and my favorite-Juusto (pronounced "Yousto"). It's a Norwegian baked cheese that you eat warm. Seriously, if you can find this cheese, try it- it is to die for, unless you have really bad cholestoral, then it really will be...

Visit my kennel: http://www.mypetpages.net/index.php?getpage=homePage&artist_id=1653

Edited by - snowfoot on 05/18/2005 1:24:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

snozilla

USA
433 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2005 :  1:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit snozilla's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oooh, I just bought some Juusto from Bass Lake Cheese factory yesterday...

I mentioned my old dog Colby... Some cheese themed names I thought about naming any possible pups out of this guy (never happend): Feta--that sounds like a good name for a nice little female. Or Curd, after the famous cheese curds from nearby Ellsworth, WI. Ella--short from Mozzarella. And Farmer.

"Who cooks for you? Who cooks for you all?" --random Barred Owl
www.snozilla.com
Go to Top of Page

August

83 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2005 :  2:04:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feta and Brie....yes I wanted to use those..maybe I will drop cheddar...but i love Whiz (Cheese Whiz) even though I don't eat it. Maybe I will wait and see if our next litter is bigger, I have wanted to use this theme forever...I LOVE cheese! Curd is really good too...plus Jack (Pepper Jack)

NO- I am going to have to figure out the best 6! What am I to do!? 2 girls and 4 boys......Brie for sure....

Edited by - august on 05/18/2005 2:10:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Duane

Canada
414 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2005 :  8:39:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My kennel; Tessa,Gus,Slater,Willy,Dugen,Ashley,Amy,Cheetah,Dudus,Hope,Frosty,Faith,Flame,Inca,Indy,Jesse,and Jake.

Duane
Go to Top of Page

running6dogs

291 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2005 :  10:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're always thinking about good dog names, it's fun. No new litters planned for a couple of years, but I like to hear about yours!
Our names: Andie, Arwen, Blondie, Buser, Chevy, Chewie, 'Cuda, Dakota, Foxy, Hooch, Liv, Lyra, Minx, Nitro, Pallie, Penny, Penny(echo), Radar, Sage, Spasm, Squirt, Sugar, Ukiuk, Uqaq, Ursa, Wedge, & Zane.

Julie DeLoach
Go to Top of Page

northwapiti

Canada
455 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  06:54:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit northwapiti's Homepage  Reply with Quote
August - love the cheese theme - but I'd keep Cheddar in there. Had friends with a dog named 'Cheese' and I always thought that was cute too.

We also do themes. This year's first litter, concieved on the Copper Basin are named after places in the Copper River Basin - Paxson, Summit, Tolsona, Tazlina and Excelsior (X). Last year my favorite was the Electrical litter (Sparky, Spike, Tesla, Charge and Watt). Other favorite themes were the Soda Pups (Sprite, Fresca, Pepsi, and Barq), the Chocolate Bars (Skor, Crunchie, Snickers, and Kit Kat), the noises (Buzz, Roary, Eeek, Whinny and Ruff), the stars (Draco, Orion, Lyra and Cassiopia) and the Norse gods (Loki, Odin, Kara, Freya, Hugi, Mist and Thor).

My all time favorite name in our yard was out of the Gilligan's Island litter - Mr. Thurston Howl.

Karen

Go to Top of Page

gee/haw

Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  07:49:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those who like the cheese theme,how about "CAM" for camembert?

Go to Top of Page

gee/haw

Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  08:12:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still on the cheese,if you have two pups that are very similair,you could have curds and whey.

Go to Top of Page

mikiyuk

France
246 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  08:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit mikiyuk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes one dog CAM and the other Embert !
hey don't forget we're the country of cheeses ! more than 350 names !
hey what about Roquefort ? very good cheese .

a friend of mine has two dogs from my kennel and called them Texas and Rangers .

Du Fur Rendez Vous Kennel. France.
http://palutok.free.fr
Go to Top of Page

vetbills

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  11:40:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit vetbills's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a great topic because after so many years my creativity in the naming department has worn thin. I now happily have a list of future names as well as writer's cramp.
Some of my favorite names have been: D'OGee, Meatball, Pee Pee, Bubba, Phantom, Gump, Micro, Scotty, Bloo, Mobad and Kermit.

"Dammit...I said whoa!"
Out Front! Kennels
Go to Top of Page

snowfoot

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  12:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of my past favorites have been Teddy, Lil'Bear , Gilbert, Arlo, Chunk,
Mouse,Java,Sterling,Friday,PJ,and my all time faves- Wallace and Gromit. (If you don't know who the real Wallace and Gromit are, you're missing out!

Visit my kennel: http://www.mypetpages.net/index.php?getpage=homePage&artist_id=1653
Go to Top of Page

Randy

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  2:29:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is my line up of names...

first team-
Keeta, Kuma, Kato, Kazaa, Hunter

second team-
Shiba, Shoney, Simba, Sly, Shyenne

Go to Top of Page

magali

USA
904 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  7:20:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CHEESE.... hummm my favorite food...
BRIE
RACLETTE
MORBIER
COMTE
TOME
BOURSAULT
BLEU
FETA
MUNSTER
and the list goes on and on.....

Magali PHILIP, Nenana, AK
www.noatak.com
Go to Top of Page

mush-metamora

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  7:54:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My guys are Polaris and Nova

Go to Top of Page

Little Toe

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  9:16:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boo (registered as Nanuk Schnee Vuka), Pakak, Mystro, Zoey, Maggie, Miki, and my favorite Casey (registered as Justin' Case, the reason being just in case we needed to put him on the sled - and we did, he's my lead dog now. We have an 8th dog on the way, right now we call her Lucy. We also have a show dog named Zoey.

Running6dogs, I'm more impressed that you named your dogs alphabetically! Good job!

Jen

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SDC Talk! © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page