No ExxonMobil Open sprint this year...?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RedWolf

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  5:31:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was perusing the race schedule, and either I'm having a brain cramp or there's no Exxon Mobil sprint race in AK this year. Any info?

ChuckCubbison

USA
646 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  10:17:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit ChuckCubbison's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The ASDRA Championships are this weekend, I guess that is equivalent to the Exxon Mobil...I don't have any inside information but I'm guessing Exxon Mobil chose not to sponsor the race. With the downturn in the oil industry, there a fewer sponsorship dollars available from the big guys. It's certainly not a snow issue; there is abundant snow at the Tudor Track in Anchorage this year and ASRA is running their full schedule of races. Rondy is a "go" with lots of teams entered to chase after the $100K purse.
Go to Top of Page

RedWolf

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2017 :  03:50:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Chuck. I knew Anchorage had snow, but am bummed out that the same can't be said for *all* of AK's trails...while I'll be up for the Rondy and the Iditarod, my plans received an unexpected twist last nite when I found out about the Restart being in Fairbanks again.

But anyway, now that I know the ASDRA championship is equivalent, I'll keep an eye on it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SDC Talk! © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page