Feeding
 Powdered Eggs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SSKennels

Canada
9 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2014 :  11:56:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit SSKennels's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am looking for information about feeding or supplementing with powdered egg to the dogs. Could someone tell me if it is whole egg, or just whites? What are the benefits? Is this something fed year round or just during the training/racing season? Also where do you purchase it in bulk? I seem to come up with nothing with an internet search and forum search on here.

Thanks

Christopher Wall
www.sskennels.ca
www.facebook.com/SS.SLEDDOGS

RSmith

USA
3105 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2014 :  07:42:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit RSmith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been feeding powdered eggs for a while. All year, same diet. Just up the feeding(s) come late Fall and Winter. Great amino acid and omega profile, good fats and proteins. I mex a concoction with fishmeal and bloodmeal and stir into water. The stuff I use is whole eggs not for human consumption ( legalities of FDA here in the states ). Its cracks or light colored/thin shells that sort of thing. good stuff.
I found mine at a large feed/grain mill. I get 50lb bags with a bag lasting 60 to 75 days for 30 dogs.
Try Shur-Gain up in Canada. They should be able to tell you where to get them or get them for you. I pay $70 here. Prices went up significantly in the past 3 years from $55.
Good luck, start with feed mills or grain mills or farm services such as Shur Gain.
If you contact ingredients 101 they may be able to tell you who they sell to in Canada.
You want to ovoid shipping, that's key. Or else it won't be worth it financially.

Roy Smith
Adirondack Kennel
Skandinavian Hounds/Stagsters
http://www.adirondack-kennel.com

Edited by - RSmith on 09/08/2014 07:45:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

SSKennels

Canada
9 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2014 :  1:00:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit SSKennels's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank You Roy, very much appreciated. I was hoping you would see this post, thank you for providing your input.

Christopher Wall
www.sskennels.ca
www.facebook.com/SS.SLEDDOGS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SDC Talk! © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page