Leap supplement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

D.Heilbrunn

Canada
320 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  3:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leap - that organic olive extract stuff - Anyone ever used it? Results? Seen it on Streeper's webpage and heard about it once before. I just got a retired stud dog whose wrists aren't doing so good and am looking to help him out. Other suggestions? Thanks.

Razor

Canada
807 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2013 :  4:43:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Razor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dan, we have a few older dogs or some that are more prone to wrist or shoulder injuries, especially in punchy conditions. We started to use 1 glucosamine/chondroiton pill per day for those dogs. One of my boys, now 9 who was always getting injured, has not had an injury in 3 years. We only give it to them from the start of training until the end of racing.

Razor
Go to Top of Page

D.Heilbrunn

Canada
320 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  08:23:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ray, that's impressive. I'll check that out.
Go to Top of Page

Razor

Canada
807 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  05:51:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Razor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dan, check out Walmart, they usually go on sale quite often. Alot better price than other places.

Razor
Go to Top of Page

husky.bell

South Africa
16 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  08:38:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also had fantastic results with glucosamine. My 8 year old Sibe has arthritis in his lower ankle and is not limping anymore after a run! Although we cannot compare our distances we do in South Africa, it still has the same effects on the dogs as your long distances. Thus we also need to take great care in prevention of injuries.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SDC Talk! © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page