"Bunny Boots"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mushergal

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  1:09:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trying to find where I can get the "bunny boots" that have a valve for air to fill it. I heard Bud Streeper sells them, but not sure if that is true. Anyone know where I can get some?

Kim

dgsoles

USA
375 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  1:18:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some military surplus stores will have them in stock! Beware of trench foot in those suckers, they have NO breathing ability. Other than that little problem, they're nice and toasty. Heavy and cumbersome, but toasty.

Doug Soles

"What is right is not always popular, and what is popular is not always right."

Northern Dream Dog Sledding
Go to Top of Page

shore

USA
414 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  10:50:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, forget that that valve exists. It's to regulate air pressure inside the boot at high altitudes. Close it and forget about it - the last thing you'd want is moisture getting inside the boot walls.
Go to Top of Page

brown906

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  8:47:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit brown906's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sportsman's Guide sells them for around $40, I'm not sure about their shipping to Canada though. The comment from shore is right on, they are not designed to be "inflated", the valve is simply there to be used when at extreme altitude such as mountain peaks or in an unpressurized aircraft.
Go to Top of Page

gonetodogs

Canada
208 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2011 :  01:39:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mil-Arm in Edmonton is a military surplus store that sells the Canadian forces version of arctic bunny boots. The rubber portion only covers the toe bumper and the heel, the rest is canvas. Heavy, but very breathable and very warm. Boiled wool liners and 1 inch thick wool insole, plus a fibreglass mesh insole for an air layer.
Go to Top of Page

mushermike

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  7:28:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here is a company that sells bunny boots http://www.bunnyboots.com/ i don t have a pair yet but will be ordering soon.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SDC Talk! © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page