SDC Talk!
SDC Talk!
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Equipment
 Equipment
 Harness for dog that pulls to the side??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
keluv2sk8 Posted - 09/01/2017 : 12:22:02 AM
I have a new border collie I use for bikejoring and skijoring. He has always pulled hard to the side. I have a regular x back on him right now, but it slides across his back and twists to pull almost like a half harness whenever he is pulling. I am looking for any harness suggestions for dogs that pull hard to the side??
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
YoopItUp Posted - 09/05/2017 : 12:46:36 PM
I have seen Windigo Outfitters side pull fix this issue before: http://windigooutfitters.com/harnesses/#jp-carousel-67

Maybe another style of half harness?
kissAnew Posted - 09/03/2017 : 7:06:42 PM
Pulk harness style(like a single-horse cart harness), positive affirmations to your dog (and of course yourself)lotsa work, repitition, patience, persistance and time... he'll learn to pull straight.
Mind you, I use dogs in tandem so it's easy to switch sides as well as slowly sledding as opposed to skijoring with a single K9. ..thusly, easy for me to say what will work.
Sometimes I use a wieght pull harness and heavy weights till they get the idea pulling straight is easier on the body.

There are special harnesses that stay on your dog properly thaf are designed specially for "side runners". I've seen them somewhere on SDC.
Howling Dog Alaska has one called a Hybrid Lightweight, K9 Trail Time has some by different manufacturers.
Cheers
Keep looking and/or keep working.

SDC Talk! © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page