SDC Talk!
SDC Talk!
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Dryland
 Dryland - General
 Cani-cross questions and some advice please.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kysleddogs Posted - 05/27/2016 : 8:46:10 PM
Hi there,
I want to get into cani-cross with my Husky and I have a few questions. I've been into mushing for about 2 years and there's not really anywhere to run with a dryland rig so cani-cross is my next option. I'll be purchasing new lines and a belt in the next few weeks but I need some advice. First off are there any cani-cross races near Kentucky? I'm willing travel a couple hours. Second what kind of harness works best? What terrian is the best to run on? Any specific human gear that would be handy? Suggestions on where I should get my gear is much appreciated. Any tips on getting started or just general advice is also appreciated.
Thanks,
Sierra

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HOmaley Posted - 06/03/2016 : 06:53:06 AM
I'm not really sure about the races in Kentucky, but I can help out with the gear and terrain part.
You will be so much better off (and your do will be happier) if you try to stay of concrete and pavement. Dirt trails are best and are more forgiving on the body.
Gear wise, check out Alpine Outfitters, Black Ice, and Adanac.
All are really great companies and will help you find what you need
I would think that either a urban trail harness or an x-back would work. Just with an x-back, make sure you have a slightly longer line so your not putting stress on the dogs back.
A belt with a water bottle holder and a little pouch for phone and key would be a lifesaver so you may want to look into those.
Do a google search of cani-cross in kentcuky and see what you find.

Well good luck and have fun

SDC Talk! © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page