SDC Talk!
SDC Talk!
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Junior Mushing
 Junior Racing
 Any cold junior mushers out there?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dbseavey Posted - 01/03/2012 : 01:01:11 AM
I've been trying to clean my shop and came across my old Northern Outfitters gear from when I was a kid. It's about $1000 worth of gear, and only been used three seasons. Aside from some minor rips and worn out Velcro, it in perfectly good shape. This is the original expedition suit, so it's rated to -500 below. I'd be happy to mail it to someone who would use it. If you're a cold musher with a mom who can sew let me know. My kids are 10 years from using it and prefer pink.

Size XS, fits about 100-125lb person.
*2 parka shells, one green in near perfect condition, one grey that needs some minor repairs.
*Expedition parka liner, near perfect condition.
*Grey Expedition pants, good condition, missing suspenders, easily replaceable.
*Black mid weight pants, more worn out, but good for when it's not -500 below.
*Black shell pants, similar condition.
*Boots w/ liners. One is missing a strap, it would be about like fixing a chewed harness to replace it.

Happy New Years, Danny

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cac Posted - 01/04/2012 : 12:40:56 PM
Sent you an email Danny.
dewclaw Posted - 01/03/2012 : 9:53:51 PM
Thanks Danny, sent you an email :)

TWarren Posted - 01/03/2012 : 8:32:48 PM
Hey,
I could greatly use a parka, it is growing close to my first races of the year and they all require parkas and I am short on money and can't find any cheaper than 200. I would greatly apreciate one.
dbseavey Posted - 01/03/2012 : 4:18:11 PM
This gear is gross overkill for sprint races, unless you live where it's really cold.

Jody,
What size is the kid? I actually have quite a bit of N.O. gear we only use for tours anymore, I could probably find another set of pants if that's all they need.

CAC, what gear do you need? I have 50 years of three Iditarod teams worth of gear around here.
dewclaw Posted - 01/03/2012 : 12:33:06 PM
We are working with a Jr this year who cold use the Expedition pants. It has been pretty cold here, and mine cold weather pants are a tad big (to say the least)
Cac Posted - 01/03/2012 : 12:28:39 PM
Thanks, that would be me. I know I could possible use it, but my cousin would fit it better probable... Im really tall. My mom can sew, she likes to make me clothes.
balzakjeff Posted - 01/03/2012 : 09:29:15 AM
Danny,

There's a junior musher in the "equipment wanted" section of the classifieds looking for donated gear.

Jeff
smushybanana Posted - 01/03/2012 : 09:13:18 AM
Does an adult that never grew past the size of a junior count?
Michelle Hogan Posted - 01/03/2012 : 06:02:43 AM
If you don't have any takers - let me know - I have two junior mushers who'd love to fight over it! And I can sorta sew - in a functional, but it's not pretty way:-)

SDC Talk! © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page