SDC Talk!
SDC Talk!
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Junior Mushing
 Junior Racing
 Race date for 2013 Junior Yukon Quest:

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* Forum Code is ON
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Peter Posted - 08/17/2012 : 3:45:37 PM
This has been posted on the Junior Yukon Quest Facebook site. Your comments here or on the FB-site would be greatly appreciated to help us find the best possible date for the Race. Thanks !
After many discussions on the best date to have our race, we decided to poll our potential participants on "what day you would like the Junior Yukon Quest to run?". We will take comments until August 29th and announce the date on August 30th. One suggestion was to have the start date on February 16, 2013 which is the morning after the 1000 mile finish banquet. This way, the Junior Mushers would draw their bib numbers at the above mentioned banquet in front of a huge crowd. The start chute would be in place, the trail in and a lot more spectators around. So, what do you think? Let us here from you by posting your comments below.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Peter Posted - 09/19/2012 : 2:23:14 PM
I called the YQ office about the date for the Junior Quest, which is to be held the day after the finish banquet. The date of the finish banquet will either be Saturday Feb 16th or Friday Feb 15th. All indicators say that the banquet will be on Friday the 15th, but a final confirmation won't be done until this weekend ( Sept 22nd). As soon as the actual date of the finish banquet is confirmed, the date of the Junior Race will be announced. - Hope that helps a little bit....
TSteele Posted - 09/18/2012 : 1:49:00 PM
This was from their Facebook page

"We are proud to announce the 2013 Junior Yukon Quest will be held the day after the Yukon Quest 1,000 Mile Sled Dog Race Finish and Awards Banquet. Thank you all for your input and we’ll keep you updated on the race over the next few months."
Dog Mushers Dad Posted - 09/18/2012 : 11:45:26 AM
It's September 18th. Do we have a date yet?
Anduril Musher Posted - 08/18/2012 : 11:25:19 AM
In previous years it has been the same weekend as the Iditarod start and many juniors who were helping Iditarod mushers or running Iditarod dogs were unable to attend the Jr. Quest. So I think it would be wise to schedule the Jr. Quest sometime when it won't conflict with another major race.

SDC Talk! © © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page