SDC Talk!
SDC Talk!
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Junior Mushing
 Junior Racing
 earning money for young, busy teen

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* Forum Code is ON
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cac Posted - 07/20/2010 : 3:16:52 PM
I'm a young teen looking for money to start a kennel. How do you earn money for your kennel if your not 18 yet? I have a busy life and I can't seem to get a job even though I filled out many applications. I know there are people out there who take pictures, make art, and things like that and I was wondering what it takes to do something like that and how you get started. Please, any advice would be nice.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cac Posted - 07/05/2012 : 10:17:28 AM
Yes, it was bumped by me. Sorry for not saying. I was hoping to get more information and by not starting a new thread so I just updated this one.
Admin Posted - 06/26/2012 : 3:42:53 PM
It was "bumped" by Cac
prairiewindsracing Posted - 06/26/2012 : 12:09:19 PM
Sorry for some reason this thread came up as an active thread? probably a little late now.. :)
prairiewindsracing Posted - 06/26/2012 : 12:08:31 PM
Where there's a will there's a way! Even after you turn 18 time slows down for no one. My first job was at the local Dairy Queen at the age of 15. You just have to learn how to organize your schedule and make things work. I know through high school having dogs, participating in sports, and attempting to still have an active social life kept me very busy! If I needed to work and I didn't get off until 8:30 well then the dogs were going for midnight runs. BUT that's the price we pay for the sport we love.

I'm not sure about your state laws.. Wisc right? But in MN you can in some places have a job at the age of 15 but I know you can't work past 7pm or something. Again that's MN but if you're 16 just keep applying!! It may not be the most glamourous job but hey sometimes those terrible high school jobs end up giving you the best stories :)
SwampRabbit Posted - 09/21/2010 : 2:51:00 PM
Well I got my first job when four days after I turned 14. I wanted animals and that seemed like the way to go about it. Luckily I was homeschooled, and I could bring my studies to work to do on my lunch breaks and so on. Ask your parents about homeschooling. If you can homeschool, you can get a job easier and work it in around your studies. I realize times have changed a bit since then maybe but that's how I went about it.
powderhound66 Posted - 07/21/2010 : 1:46:51 PM
I waitress at 2 different restaurant. Between the two I usually work about 40 hours a week. The pay isn't great, but it buys the dog food and pays the vet bills. Good Luck!!
livengood Posted - 07/21/2010 : 08:44:50 AM
If you live in the right area, working as a handler for another kennel is a great way to learn.

Also, volunteer in your community, at the animal shelter, museum, etc. You won't get paid, but it will show you to people as a responsible young adult and if you do well, people may take notice of you and you could get an offer for a paying job. Not to mention it looks great on a college application.
Fast E Posted - 07/21/2010 : 07:33:41 AM
Odd jobs--baby sit--house sit--pet sit--yard work for freinds and neighbours,things you can do if you have energy are endless.You don't have to be 18 to start saving money for your plans,good luck.

SDC Talk! © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page