SDC Talk!
SDC Talk!
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Health
 Health: General
 Teeth & Testicles

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sepperro Posted - 04/29/2012 : 06:03:43 AM
Hi Guys,

Two of my Huskies got themselves into a wee scrap last night, nothing serious but I could use some advice please. One of the dogs whom we aquired at 9 months old came to us with a sortof half broken lower K9 tooth, now subsequent to this scrap it would appear to be be quite badly chipped down the side. He doesnt seem to be any any pain (hard to tell) of course but what should I do?? Should I just leave it or should I have it removed. Please advise if you can.

My second question pertaining to the same poor wee lad is that he was born with only one testicle, should I have him castrated or again just let it be?

Thanks for you help.

Kind Regards,

Craig Robertson
www.sepperro.com
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AdventureSource Posted - 05/18/2012 : 1:26:26 PM
He should be fixed. We had a line in our kennel that the males only had one testicle. Got them all fixed and dropped that gene from the pool.
tikkoskidog Posted - 05/03/2012 : 4:29:01 PM
I don't believe there is much evidence- if any, that neutering makes a dog nicer or meaner. Training and temperment play a much larger role in dog behavior.

I'd be much more concerned about testicular torsion than testicular cancer in the retained (abdominal) testicle. It is deadly and very painful for the dog, and quite common for cryptorchids. Surgical intervention is required to save the dog's life- within around 24 hours so could be an issue if you run your dogs remotely.

I'd recommend removal of at least the retained testicle this summer. Neutering the dog is your decision.

Razor Posted - 04/29/2012 : 3:54:44 PM
The tooth will eventually start to rot causing more problems. I would have it removed. As for the one testicle, get him fixed, the other one is probably up inside, with a much greater chance of testicular cancer at a very early age if he is not fixed. Plus it will make him a much nicer dog.

SDC Talk! © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page