SDC Talk!
SDC Talk!
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 General Discussion
 Tandem Sleds

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kaelaney Posted - 01/04/2008 : 11:38:26 AM
Our trail conditions aren't the best yet for hooking down so I was wondering what's the best way to hook sleds in tandem?

Thanks
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RSmith Posted - 01/07/2008 : 06:40:14 AM
Outlaw has produced a few double handled/braked ( 2 person) sleds as well.
cricket Posted - 01/06/2008 : 8:20:43 PM
has any one taken a look at the new sled that gatt is making two people per sled both standing great for tours and stuff
PRT Posted - 01/06/2008 : 3:04:43 PM
The person on the back sled should be a very competent sled handler if you are run on twisty trails. On straight trails you shouldn't have a problem. The front sled driver can assist turning by using their feet to guide the line to the right or left. I have seen a new sled built by Maine Made Sleds http://www.mainemadedogsleds.com/ that has two driving positions and two brakes. I looks like a great idea for training new drivers or running big teams safely.
Admin Posted - 01/05/2008 : 6:21:10 PM
Cliff,

Please don't put her on the whip sled!! I've been there one too many times!!
Cliff Maxfield Posted - 01/05/2008 : 4:32:23 PM
How many dogs do you run that you need a tandem sled? Would a ten dog team work or should I go to twelve? I think this would be a great way for my wife to get confidence in her driving.

What do you do on switchback corners and on brushy trails?
PRT Posted - 01/05/2008 : 4:20:28 PM
Carol-You are correct in all of your statements. Both teams have control of braking. If your drag brake glides on top of the snow you could run you line between the brake bar and the drag. My line is about twice the length of a sled (16 ft???)
carol Posted - 01/05/2008 : 07:12:53 AM
Is the carribeaner you mention what your gangline and snowhook are attached to on the forward sled and back sled?
Does the new line to tow the back sled get in the way of the forward sleds drag brake?
This arrangement would give both sleds drivers control of the teams speed then and stop and go. Correct?
I like that.
PRT Posted - 01/04/2008 : 8:27:33 PM
I use a double length of 3/8 line filled with 1/4 inch line. Both ends have a loop which can be clipped to the carabineer on both sleds.

SDC Talk! © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page