SDC Talk!
SDC Talk!
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 General Discussion
 Judy Bergemann

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* Forum Code is ON
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Steve Bergemann Posted - 04/11/2017 : 01:48:16 AM
I feel like I should let you know how Judy’s doing. She was better yesterday, at this stage a little at a time. This multi myeloma has hit hard and fast but she is fighting all she can. The kids are here so we are rotating around the clock to be with her.
Nothing in life prepares us for this so take time and really enjoy the loved ones around you, nothing is more important.
I’ll try to update you on Judy as I can. I want to truly thank Maud and Richard for keeping Judy’s dream of Sled Dog Central going.
And from the bottom of my heart Thank You for having her in your thoughts and prayers.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
IN Posted - 05/10/2017 : 07:06:32 AM
Hello Steve, I am sorry I am late replying, I just now saw your posts. My sincere condolences to you and your family. Even though I never met Judy in person, we were in touch online for many years. This news truly came as a shock to me. Hopefully, Judy found her peace. Treasure your memories of her! Take care.
Steve Bergemann Posted - 04/19/2017 : 3:49:55 PM
Very few people know this about Judy, she had great respect for the American Indian beliefs and culture. So I know very well of how we treat our dogs and forgiveness.
I know full well of what you speak.
kissAnew Posted - 04/18/2017 : 8:46:10 PM
I too am in mourning. I received news @2PM today that one of my oldest friends succombed lastnight around 2AM to cancer in his stomach.

My heartfelt condolences to you and loved ones.
Please know...I can say with all confidence, humility and honesty this world is only a small part of our journey. When we are done in this world there is much beauty waiting for us.
I've never met her personally but from what little I do know about her( from SDC) she was a beautiful example of humaness. Add to that what I know about humankind makes me certain she is in a much better place than this world.
An old belief amongst my people(home area) bespeaks of how we treat our dogs and forgiveness. Now indeed the beauty of where she now lives is to be envied by us left in this world
(with due respect to all, my belief system dictates we(home area)don't use the name of recently deceased.)
Remain strong.
Prayers and good thoughts
I will mourn my loss but also celebrate a long friendship and tell good stories about about my good friend for hopefully quite some years
Old Geezer Posted - 04/15/2017 : 10:02:45 AM
Steve - My sincere condolences - I feel truly blessed to have known and spent time with you both. May she rest in eternal peace.
Steve Bergemann Posted - 04/14/2017 : 09:37:41 AM
Steve Bergemann Posted - 04/14/2017 : 05:27:19 AM
More information will come out in the next few hours, what I have now is Judy wanted cremation (she told me “don’t you dare put me in a box” so I have followed her wishes. She did not want a service she wanted a gathering of Family and Friends so 4/15/2017 at the Roberts Family Funeral Home, 555 Centennial Drive, SW, Forest Lake, MN from 5-8pm we will do that.
Thank You
Fast E Posted - 04/13/2017 : 5:52:55 PM
Steve--our condolences and appreciate all she did for the sport.peace
Steve Bergemann Posted - 04/13/2017 : 05:10:12 AM
Judy passed away last night. A truly remarkable woman. She loved sled dogs first and the sport second. We always talked about how there are two types of people, those that enjoy the sport and those that live the sport, she truly lived the sport.
She enjoyed the simple outdoor life; building anything, fishing, gardening, flowers, and this last we built a chicken coop together so that she could finally have her chickens. We started out by building our cabin/ house together and never stopped building something.
I want all of you to know that she enjoyed getting to know everyone that she worked with and met with, even a few of the hardasses out there. She considered many of you her personal and close friends.
There are so many more things about her that you never got to know about, especially her do things for charities.
She was my Love and my Best friend and I have no idea how to go on without her.
The last few months as she said have been a nightmare so I believe she is in a much better place now.
In her last few moments as her and I talked she asked me to stop the pain and said “Always remember Quality over Quantity, never forget”
Judy I’ll never forget.
gonetodogs Posted - 04/11/2017 : 6:18:08 PM
Thank you Steve. My thoughts are with you, Judy and your family.
Jim Cunningham Posted - 04/11/2017 : 5:35:34 PM
Hi Steve,
Please give Judy a big hug for me.
My prayers are with you, Judy and your family.

I went through the battle with cancer last year.
3 lb mass and two feet of small intestine removed.
8 months of chemo and maintenance antibody every 3 months for the next 18 months.
Never give up, there is too many races to see and experience.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jim C.

SDC Talk! © © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page