SDC Talk!
SDC Talk!
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Feeding
 Feeding
 Canola oil vs. corn oil vs. vegetable oil

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jake Robinson Posted - 10/07/2015 : 08:33:33 AM
I have seen all three of these oils added to meat/kibble diets as a daily supplement. Which do you use and why? Is there any difference in the bioavailability between the three? Is one more effective than the others?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
D.Heilbrunn Posted - 10/07/2015 : 11:10:51 AM
The best of the best is high grade vitamin E, alpha-tocopherol, which has the most bioavailability. At this grade, the oil isn't just a fat supplement, but useful antioxidant. This is what you find in human grade vitamin E pills, but I don't think it's economically possible (for most people) to feed it to the dogs. I've used Canola oil for years and when used in approximately the right ratio to an animal fat, it helps in the absorption of the animal fat. Here in town it's over $50 for 5 gallons of Canola oil, so we hauled a bakers dozen up from Whitehorse this year for half the price. Seems to keep them nice and shiny and helps keep them fat too. It was - 10C this morning and using 1.5 cups in the morning bucket for 12 dogs, and 1.5 cups in the evening seems to be working fine.

SDC Talk! © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page